Vault Hunters Wanted: BradyGames’ Introduces the Official Borderlands® 2 Printed and Digital Strategy Guides
Indianapolis, IN – September 14, 2012 – BradyGames is excited to reveal the official Borderlands® 2 Signature Series, Limited Edition and Digital Strategy Guides.As the sequel to the critically acclaimed cooperative shooter-looter Borderlands®, Borderlands 2 is bigger, better and more badass than ever before. While the game leads you through the world of Pandora, let the official strategy guides from BradyGames help you save the world from the notorious Handsome Jack.
Signature Series Features (9780744013832, $19.99, 8.5” x 11”, 448 pages):
· Crimson Raiders’ Path of Most Resistance - A complete walkthrough of the main story, featuring mapsfor every area, collectible locations, expert tips from thedevelopment team at Gearbox, and an A-to-Z index of all the optional missions.
· Marcus Munitions Monthly - It’s all here: damage calculators, weapon generation, the specialties of each manufacturer, and choosing the best weapon for your class. Plus, coverage of black market items (SDUs), class mods, relics, and more!
· Sir Hammerlock’s Almanac of Pandoran Beasts - A bestiary of all creatures, big and bigger, in Pandora. Sir Hammerlock imparts his insights and observations—including a symposium on each species and mob family. Spawning locations, critical hit diagrams, likely drops, and loads of valuable stats!
· Hyperion’s Most Wanted - A breakdown of all four classes. Get to know each character’spersonality and history, as well as the special abilities, skilltrees, and possible builds for solo play and co-op roles that willmake your Vault Hunter unique.
· Claptrap’s Secret Vault - A quick reference to all challenges and Achievements/Trophies, along with a customizable heads gallery. Plus secrets!
Limited Edition Features (9780744014297, $34.99, 8.5” x 11”, 464 pages):
· Premium Papercraft - Build five exclusive, collectible papercraft models on high quality paper model stock with web-supported video building instructions from the voice of Claptrap himself.
· Exclusive Travel Guide - Explore Pandora with the unofficial Pandora Travel Guide sponsored by the Businesses of Pandora. This unique art section focuses on the vast environments of Pandora, while highlighting the ads and billboards that make Pandora feel inhabited.
· Developer Interviews - Behind-the-scenes interviews with the Borderlands 2 brain-trust: Anthony Burch, Jeramy Cooke, Matt Armstrong, and Raison Varner.
· Collectible Hard Cover - All the game-tested strategies of our Signature Series packaged in a high-quality hard cover with special art by Scott Kester created specifically for the BradyGames Limited Edition.
Download the Perfect Digital Companion to Borderlands 2! (Available for $9.99 on the iBooks Store)
Striving to meet the demands of our ever-increasing mobile audience, BradyGames has created a digital version of Borderlands 2 in the iBooks 2 format! Containing all the content from the printed strategy guide, this groundbreaking digital edition takes the strategy guide to the next level by providing a more hands-on, interactive experience. This digital edition contains:
· Imbedded boss fight videos.
· Interactive maps with clickable items of interest, collectibles, boss locations and more!
· · Expandable screenshots revealing close-up views of the action.
· · “Developer Tips” that reveal insight from those closest to the game.
· · Search and Bookmark features.
· · Compatible with iPad 1, iPad 2 and the new iPad!
To request a review copy or run a competition for copies of BradyGames’ Borderlands 2 Signature Series and Limited Edition strategy guides, please contact Lauren Helms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Gearbox Software
Gearbox Software is respected industry wide for the award winning, best-selling original and licensed video games they have developed for major video game platforms. Founded in 1999 and located near Dallas, TX, Gearbox Software is well known for the creation, development and management of its original blockbuster video game franchises including the best-selling new property of 2009, Borderlands and its record setting downloadable content, the critically acclaimed award winning Brothers in Arms series, and the Duke Nukem franchise. The company has also developed licensed video games for many of the industry’s top franchises including Halo, Half-Life, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, 007 James Bond, Aliens and others. Gearbox Software’s success has been enabled and supported through several key mutually beneficial business relationships with strong publishing partners including Activision, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft Entertainment, Microsoft Games Studios, Sega, and Take-Two/2K Games.
About 2K Games
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets through its three divisions: 2K Games, 2K Sports, and 2K Play that are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including first-person shooters, action, role-playing, real-time strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K Czech, Cat Daddy Games, and 2K China. In just a few short years, 2K launched the 2007 Game of the Year - BioShock®; published the critically acclaimed Borderlands&™; continued the award-winning Sid Meier’s Civilization® series; delivered the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise with NBA® 2K*; and broke new ground in the family entertainment market with its multi-million unit selling hit Carnival Games. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
*According to 2008 - 2012 Gamerankings.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through August 2012.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, BradyGames creates high-quality video game strategy content for a wide range of games on all platforms and works with industry partners including Blizzard Entertainment, Activision, Rockstar, 2K Games, Capcom USA, Inc, Microsoft, Sony, and Warner Bros., among others.
BradyGames understands what gamers – both casual and hardcore – want and need from strategy guides and apps, and each product is custom-tailored to the look and feel of the game title. Every guide features in-depth content, detailed screen captures and quick reference and strategy tips.
BradyGames is an imprint of Dorling Kindersley within the Penguin division of Pearson plc. (NYSE: PSO)
For further information please contact Lauren Helms – email@example.com